Join the Boise River Enhancement Network. Membership is FREE. You’ll receive our interesting email with news and events. JOIN
Thank you to the Bates Family Foundation for the generous support.
Enhancement of the Boise River
A healthy Boise River contributes immensely to the attractiveness of our communities and the strength of our economy. The Boise River provides numerous ecosystem services such as water supply, recreation and aesthetics. Its associated wetland and riparian systems filter and dilute pollutants, attenuate floods and erosion, and provide critical habitat for many species of birds and other wildlife. A healthy Boise River benefits us all. That’s why BREN’s mission is to promote the ecological enhancement of the Boise River.
BREN and Boise Bicycle Project Plant Tour and Social Bike RideJune 7 @ 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
WaterShed WatchSeptember 21 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Watch and Learn on BREN’s YouTube
- Crayfish Mercury Project with Tate Libunao, University of Idaho Graduate Student
- Snow Science and the Boise Watershed with Erin Whorton, Idaho Snow Survey
- Climate Action and River Health with Steve Hubble, City of Boise Climate Action Manager, and Haley Falconer, Environmental Manager.
- Clean Energy and River Health with Russ Weedon, Idaho Power
- Hot and Dry – Boise River Water Report with David Hoekema
- Boise River Water Trail Guidebook with Adam Bass
- Barber Hydro Agency Panel with Upper Snake River Tribes Foundation, Idaho State Historic Preservation Office, IDFG, and IDWR
- Farmers Clean Up the Boise River with Stan Haye, Dan Steenson, Bob McKellip and Tom Johnston
- 1920-2020: The Story of Indian Creek with Caldwell Mayor Garret Nancolas